Cushing Transportation, Inc. began in 1867 in the streets of Chicago by an Irish immigrant named John J. Cushing. He initially used his horse & carriage to transport goods, then acquired trucks as the years went on. The company had remained a steadfast pillar of Chicago, and its growth is credited to John R. Pacella. Mr. Pacella bought Cushing in 1967. He believed in treating his employees & drivers like family and was dedicated to continuing our “Ma & Pa Shop” roots.